Baby /36 is a powerful PC Based RPG II development, execution, and operating environment for the migration of System /36 applications to a PC, standalone or network environment without the need for any redevelopment. This provides a faster, more powerful operating environment for your System /36 legacy systems, while adding PC User friendliness and data that is standard ASCII, meaning it is accessible by other PC software.
An Automated Conversion System Utility is also available.
- Baby /36 provides other real advantages over the System /36:
- Improved system performance and end user response time
- No more high cost midrange system upgrades
- Lower your maintenance and operations costs
- Integrate your RPG II application data with existing PC applications
- Baby /36 Run-time Components, designed to replicate System /36 counterparts include:
- Sign-On Security
- Classic OCL (Operations Control Language) environment
- Print Spooler
- Job Queue
- Multi-user support (including advanced record locking)
- Source Entry Utility
- Data File Conversion Utility
- Baby /36 Development adds the following Components:
- RPG II Compiler
- Screen Format Generator
- Data File Utility
- Screen Design Aid
- Development Support Utility
- Data Exchange Utility
California Software Also provides the following products to connect PC's to an A/S 400 or migrate A/S 400 data or applications to run on a PC based network:
Dominion Systems has years of experience converting legacy systems and/or data for use on the PC. For more information on California Software's Baby products or assistance in migrating your System /36 or A/S 400 systems please complete the form below or contact us. As a Wyse Authorized Winterm Partner Dominion Systems will assist in any way possible.
- Baby /4xx Client/Server
- A PC network based Client/Server solution that runs RPG/400 applications on PC's using data files resident on an AS/400 server.
- Baby /4xx
- A PC network based runtime and development environment for the migration of RPG/400 code to a PC or PC Network.
- Baby /4xx Desktop Developer
- An entry-level version of Baby /4xx with the same features and functionality but scaled for the single user.
For more information, please visit the California Software Homepage.